CASPER project has received funding from the European Union’s H2020 Research and Innovation programme under Grant Agreement n°872113
The CASPER (Certification-Award Systems to Promote gender Equality in Research) project will examine the feasibility of establishing a European award/certification system for gender equality for Research Performing Organizations. Based upon an extensive assessment of available systems and needs across Europe and beyond, the project will develop and evaluate three possible scenarios that pave the ground for a realistic EU wide award/certification framework.
The project has three main objectives:
- Map and assess existing award and certification systems for gender equality (and related schemes) and to identify existing needs for such a system on the European level.
- Design three different award/certification scenarios and assess the feasibility of these scenarios plus a fourth no-action scenario along several dimensions.
- Prepare the ground for a successful roll-out of a European award/certification scheme.
CASPER is a collaborative project built by 8 partners coming from 7 countries (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom):
- European Science Foundation (Coordinator)
- Oxford Brookes University (OBU)
- Yellow Window (YW)
- Knowledge and Innovation (K&I)
- Fundació per a la Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (FUOC)
- Smart Venice srl (SV)
- Institute of Sociology of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic (ISAS)
- Joanneum Research Forschungsgesellschaft MBH (JR)
Role of ESF
ESF has assumed the role of project coordinator.
Timeline & Funding
This is a 27-month project, starting on 1 January 2020. The total funding received from EC is 1.5M euros.
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 872113