Fight Kids Cancer 2023-2024 Call for proposals
Announcement: Paediatric brain tumours call in September 2023
FIGHT KIDS CANCER is thrilled to announce that its next call opening on September 1st, 2023 will be exclusively dedicated to research on paediatric brain tumours.
In order to substantially support this disease area, which is in dire need for new treatments, FIGHT KIDS CANCER decided to increase the amount available per grant application:
- Up to 0.5 million euros for translational projects;
- Up to 1.5 million euros for clinical trials;
- Up to 2 million euros for translational projects using clinical trial data.
If applicants have innovative proposals, which do not fit with the above criteria, please contact the FIGHT KIDS CANCER secretariat at European Science Foundation.
FIGHT KIDS CANCER aims to catalyse and support pan-European leading-edge research initiatives in paediatric cancer to develop innovative approaches to improve the outcome for all children and adolescents with cancer. This call will cover the following non-exclusive objectives:
- Realise real impact on young patients,
- Improve survival rates and reduce toxicity to restore young patients to full health after treatment,
- Advance fundamental knowledge of paediatric malignancies,
- Support improved interdisciplinary research, methods and collaborations for tackling the issues of today,
- Strengthen collaboration and the development of scientific capacity across Europe.
FIGHT KIDS CANCER aims towards overcoming the structural lack of research dedicated to paediatric cancers by ensuring a recurring endowment that will be granted to the best European research projects every year. An additional ambition is to foster closer working ties between clinical and laboratory researchers.
The 2023-2024 supporting organisations from France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and UK are:
FIGHT KIDS CANCER Secretariat at ESF: fightkidscancer[at]esf[dot]org