2013 Call for Exploratory Workshop proposals
This Call is now closed.
Each year, ESF supports between 25-40 Exploratory Workshops across all scientific domains.
These small, interactive output oriented meetings are aimed at opening up new directions in research to explore emerging research fields with potential impact on new developments in science. The workshops, which usually last 1-3 days, have a wide participation from across Europe and involve mature scientists as well as young, independent researchers and scholars with leadership potential. The relatively small scale (in terms of people involved) provides an ideal platform for focus on the topic and for all participants to contribute to discussions and plan follow-up collaborative work.
Call for Proposals
*2013 Call for Proposals [Closed]
The text of the call remains available for information purposes
* For workshops to be held in 2014
* Launch date of the Call: 7 March 2013
* Deadline on 18 April 2013 (16:00 CET)
Applicants will be informed of the outcome by end of November 2013.
*Outcome of the 2012 Call for Proposals
* For workshops to be held in 2013
* Out of 129 eligible proposals in all scientific fields, 27 were selected for funding°. (This represents an average success rate of 20,9%) - see full list under next section.
(Note: a total of 26 workshops will in fact be organised, as one award was not taken up).
* List of referees used to peer review the workshop proposals under the 2012 Call (available soon)
* Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the preparation of proposals
Information on Awarded Exploratory Workshops
* Guidelines for organisers of awarded ESF Exploratory Workshops (PDF 58 KB)
Information on workshops in 2013:
Scientific Reports on workshops held in: