Strengthening European collaboration in nuclear physics
The Nuclear Physics European Collaboration Committee (NuPECC) is hosted and administered by the European Science Foundation. NuPECC’s aim is to promote collaborative ventures between nuclear physicists within Europe and particularly from countries linked to ESF.
The mission of this Expert Committee is to:
- Strengthen European collaboration in nuclear physics
- Define a network of complementary facilities within Europe and encourage their optimum usage
- Provide a forum for discussion of the provision of future facilities and instrumentation
- Issue recommendations on the development, organisation and support of European nuclear physics and particular projects.
Membership, Structure, and Funders
NuPECC is composed of experts proposed by Subscribing Institutions active in nuclear physics research.
The Committee is chaired by Prof. Marek Lewitowicz (GANIL, Caen, France) and its Scientific Secretary is Dr. Gabriele-Elisabeth Kӧrner (Technische Universität München).
The membership list is available on the NUPECC website.
NuPECC is currently funded by the following Subscribing Institutions:
- CENTRE NATIONAL DE LA RECHERCHE SCIENTIFIQUE- (CNRS), France
- COMMISSARIAT A L'ENERGIE ATOMIQUE (CEA), France
- CONSEJO SUPERIOR DE INVESTIGACIONES CIENTIFICAS- (CSIC), Spain
- DEUTSCHE FORSCHUNGSGEMEINSCHAFT- (DFG), Germany
- EUROPEAN CENTRE FOR THEORETICAL STUDIES IN NUCLEAR PHYSICS (ECT), Italy
- FACILITY FOR ANTIPROTON & ION RES (FAIR), Germany
- FONDS DE LA RECHERCHE SCIENTIFIQUE (FNRS), Luxembourg
- FONDS VOOR WETENSCHAPPELIJK ONDERZOEK (FWO), Belgium
- FOUNDATION FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY- (FCT), Portugal
- GRAND ACCELERATEUR NATIONAL D'IONS LOURDS (GANIL- SPIRAL2), France
- HELMHOLTZ – GEMEINSCHAFT (HGF), Germany
- HUNGARIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (MTA), Hungary
- INSTITUTE RUDJER BOSKOVIC (IRB), Croatia
- ISTITUTO NAZIONALE DI FISICA NUCLEARE (INFN), Italy
- JOINT INSTITUTE FOR NUCLEAR RESEARCH (JINR), Russia
- MINISTERIO DE CIENCIA E INNOVACION (MICINN), Spain
- NAT CENTRE FOR SCIENTIFIC RES DEMOKRITOS (NCSR), Greece
- NATIONAL COUNCIL OF SCIENTIFIC – (NCSIS), Romania
- NATIONAL INFRASTRUCTURE CENTER FOR CERN RESEARCH (NICE), Denmark
- NETHERLANDS ORGANISATION FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH (NWO), Netherlands
- NUCLEAR PHYSIC INSTITUTE (NPI), Czech Republic
- ÖSTERREICHISCHE AKADEMIE DER WISSENSCHAFTEN (OAW), Austria
- POLISH ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (PAN), Poland
- RESEARCH COUNCIL OF NORWAY (RCN), Norway
- ROMANIAN FUNDING AGENCY (UEFISCDI), Romania
- SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FACILITIES COUNCIL (STFC), United Kingdom
- SUOMEN AKATEMIA/FINLANDS AKADEMI (AKA), Finland
- SWISS NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION (SNF), Switzerland
- VETENSKAPSRADET (VR), Sweden
Take a look at NuPECC's latest editions of their quaterly publication Nuclear Physics News.
The calendar of nuclear physics events can be found here.