GEOMETRIC REPRESENTATION AND INVARIANT THEORY: ALGEBRAIC QUANTIZATION AND DEFORMATIONS
- FreddyVan OystaeyenE-Mail
- University of AntwerpFaculty of ScienceDepartment of Mathematics and Computer ScienceAntwerpBelgium
- BlasTorrecillas JoverE-Mail
- Universidad de AlmeriaFaculdad de CienciasDepartamiento de Algebra y AnalysisAlmeríaSpain
16-21 September 2005
Domaine Sol Cress, Spa, Belgium
The conference will take place at the Sol Cress Conference Centre in Spa, which is about 50 km from Liège. Spa is located in the Ardennes region and is a small city surrounded by some magnificent forests. Group transportation will be organised on arrival and departure days from and back to Brussels airport (via Verviers train station).
Final Programme & List of Accepted Participants
At this meeting recent developments in Noncommutative Algebra and Noncommutative Geometry will be discussed. Particular areas of interest will be: interaction between Representation Theory, Algebraic Geometry, Invariant Theory, Quantum Group Theory etc… with application to Physics or effective computations.
The emphasis will be on new emerging theories and applications, e.g. the geometry of path algebras and quiver varieties; the study of asymptotics of representations; quantization and deformation theory; geometric interpelations of the standard monomial basis for path theory and relations to crystal constructions; graded character theory in the O-category for semisimple Lie algebras; quantum invariants of maps between manifolds and problems concerning crossed braided categories; quiver-module and their cohomology in relation to the representation theory of Borcherds algebras, etc.
The general philosophy is to support the blending at a deeper level of noncommutative algebra with geometric and topological methods.
Group Transportation & Practical Information Guide
- On Friday 16 September, group transportation will be arranged from Brussels Airport - via Verviers railway station - to the venue. Departure times will be as follows:
- from Brussels airport: 14.00 & 17.00
- from Verviers station: 16.00 & 19.00
- On Wednesday 21 September, group transportation back to Brussels airport, via Verviers railway station, will be organised in a similar way. Buses will leave from Spa at 12.30 and 14.00.
For further details, please consult the Practical Information Guide PDF (145 KB)
Conference fees include full local costs, a half-day excusion and, for conferees, a registration fee of EUR 200.
Guest fees do not include use of conference facilities and equipment (i.e. internet...) nor are guests entitled to attend sessions.
What the fees cover
conference, meals and single room
conference, meals and twin OR double room
non-resident: conference, meals (no room)
guest, full-board and shared double room with conferee
guest, half-board and shared double room with conferee
(1) A 50 EUR supplement is charged if payment is received after the deadline (4 weeks prior to the conference)
All accepted participants - invited speakers and grantees included - are requested to confirm attendance and room requirements by filling in and faxing back a Registration Form.
Closing date for registration and fee payment: 20 August 2005
Phone: +32 (0)2 533 2020
Fax: +32 (0)2 538 8486
Please quote 05-197 in any correspondence.
With Support from
With support from the EC RTN-project 505078 Liegrits