- Royal Swedish Academy of SciencesInternational Geosphere-Biosphere ProgrammeStockholmSweden
- Kyoto UniversityReseach Institute for Sustainable Humanosphere (RISH)KyotoJapan
Utsikten Meetings, Nynäshamn, Sweden
The conference will be held at Utsikten Meetings, in Nynashämn. Nynashämn is a country idyll located on the east coast of Sweden, 55 km from Stockholm and 52 km from Södertälje. Group transportation will be organised from/to Stockholm Arlanda airport on arrival and departure days.
Climate Change caused by global warming represents one of the greatest challenges of the 21st Century, necessitating the engagement of all sections of society, local and global. This conference will address the climate variability at different time and spatial scales by taking into account the coupling between the atmosphere-hydrosphere-biosphere-cryosphere and geosphere. Beyond the comprehensive analysis of climate variability and its causes, the conference will address the predicted effects of climate change on ecosystems, agriculture, human health and infrastructure. This ESF-JSPS Frontier Science Meeting for Young Researchers will bring together leading researchers and young scientists from Europe and Japan to review recent progress and future prospects in their areas of expertise. An interactive session among participants will give the opportunity to discuss future trends and needs in climate research. Poster sessions are planned, with posters on display for the whole duration of the conference.
Final Programme PDF (88 KB) Last Updated 3-July-2006
Group Transportation & Practical Information Guide
- Group transportation (2 buses) will be arranged on Saturday 24 June from Stockholm - Arlanda airport to the venue. The buses will leave at 16.00 and 18.00 from the airport.
- Bus transportation back to Stockholm - Arlanda airport will also be arranged for Thursday 29 June, departing at 13.00 and 14.00.Participants who cannot take advantage of the group transportation are kindly requested to make their own way to the conference centre.
For further information about how to reach Nynashämn by public transports, please refer to the Practical Information Guide PDF (396 KB)
All participants (invited speakers included) are expected to confirm attendance and room requirements (and, when applicable, to pay the conference fee) by filling in a Registration Form.
Registration & Fee Deadline: 15 May 2006
- Administrative Coordinator
Phone: +33 (0)3 88767152
Fax: +33 (0)3 88366987
Please quote 06-214 in any correspondence.