- Spanish funding situation now resolved
We are pleased to announce that following constructive discussions with the Spanish Member Organisations of ESF, a solution has been found to resolve...
- The role of humanities and social sciences in Horizon 2020
Horizon2020 projects talks to Dr. Nina Kancewicz-Hoffman, senior science officer in humanities and social sciences at the ESF, on the role the sector...
- From horizon to wider horizon
In this interview with Horizon2020 projects, Dr Jean-Claude Worms, of the European Space Sciences Committee, part of the European Science Foundation,...
- Research Networking Programme CONGENOMICS - Call for organising scientific meetings
One of the main pillars of the ESF ConGenomics networking programme is to organise and/or support the organisation of scientific meetings and...
- ESF Research Conferences 2013 Call for Proposals
The European Science Foundation invites researchers to submit proposals for high-level research conferences within the framework of its Research...
- European Science Foundation and European Molecular Biology Organization launch Call for Conference Proposals
The European Science Foundation (ESF) and the European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO) have launched a Call for Proposals, inviting researchers...
- Social Scientists call for better prevention of youth violence
A new ESF position paper says more research is needed for effective prevention of bullying and violence.
- ESF-COST reveals broader significance of Cultural Literacy
Cultural literacy studies remain important in handling the broader challenges facing Europe today.
ESF in the media
- ESF-EMBO Symposium
B Cells From Bedside To Bench And Back Again
Polonia Castle Pultusk, Poland, 2.9 - 7.9 2013. (closing date: 3. June 2013)
- ESF-EMBO Symposium
Integrated Insect Immunology: From Basic Biology To Environmental Applications
Polonia Castle Pultusk, Poland, 23.9 - 28.9 2013. (closing date: 21. June 2013)
- ESF-FENS Stresa Conferences in Neurobiology
Neurobiology of Synapses and their Dysfunction
Stresa, Italy, 13.10 - 17.10 2013. (closing date: 15. July 2013)
During the course of 2013 ESF is focusing on the responsible winding down of its traditional research instruments and the transfer of policy activities to Science Europe. To ensure the continued high level and quality of science management we have restructured the organisation to run more efficiently and...
"The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"
Too much interdisciplinary research collaboration involves ‘hit and run’ tactics or ‘shopping around’ for exotic theories and findings to plug into one’s own research. An ESF Strategic Workshop Report gives practical recommendations... [Read more]