- Careers: Virtual mobility can drive equality
At the EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF2014) in June, scientists, policy-makers and the public discussed 'virtual mobility'.
- In memoriam Kostas Nittis
We are very sad to announce that the former Chair of the European Marine Board, Professor Kostas Nittis, passed away on 30 July.
- Transfer of the European Reference Index for the Humanities (ERIH)
The European Science Foundation (ESF) and the Norwegian Social Science Data Services (NSD) are pleased to announce that the transfer of the European...
- European Social Survey Round 8 Questionnaire Module Call
The call for proposals from multi-national teams - to design modules for the European Social Survey (ESS) Round 8 questionnaire - has now opened. ESS...
- GRAPHENE Flagship Competitive Call now open
The GRAPHENE Flagship Project consortium will be extended with new partners demonstrating complementarities to carry out specific research tasks...
- Research Networking Programme CONGENOMICS - Call for short visit grants
The ConGenOmics programme is a European network platform for the exchange of knowledge and facilities in the context of conservation genomics. By...
- Forecasting the development of breakthrough technologies to enable novel space missions
A new report, Technological Breakthroughs for Scientific Progress (TECHBREAK), has been published today by the European Science Foundation.
- ESF’s 40th birthday – A celebration of 40 years of European Science
On 15-16 May 2014, the European Science Foundation (ESF) holds a celebratory event in Strasbourg to commemorate its 40 years of scientific networking...
- Scientists begin Mars exploration in a deep mine
This week, twenty European scientists will gather at Boulby mine in the UK to begin testing technologies for the exploration of Mars and hunting for...
ESF was recently commissioned by the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) in Portugal to set up review panels and implement the first stage of the 2013 Research Units evaluation. The independent evaluation delivered by ESF, its panel members and expert peer reviewers was performed in line with the highest international standards. Further details.
Synthetic Biology in Europe
Watch this 30 mn documentary showing current developments in the field of synthetic biology in Europe produced by the ESF EUROCORES EuroSYNBIO programme. More about the programme here.