The European Science Foundation’s mission is guided by shared values that characterise its speciﬁc organisational culture. These values are:
- Excellence: the gatekeeper criterion for all scientiﬁc activities; it will also drive the management philosophy and operating procedures;
- Openness: to all scientists and disciplines; no barriers between disciplines; open sharing of results; transparency to stakeholders and partners;
- Responsiveness: in its procedures and structure;
- Pan-European: rising above national interests to the beneﬁt of science in the whole of Europe;
- Ethical awareness and human values: sensitive to societal and ethical considerations in all its activities; attention to gender aspect.